Several authors are visiting Aotearoa in early 2010.
- Orange Prize winner Andrea Levy will be here 22-26 March promoting her new book The Long Song. Details will available from her publisher Hachette shortly, but Auckland is included in the tour.
- Neil Gaiman is visiting in March and is just one of the authors who is part of the International Arts festival in Wellington. I am disappointed that he is not coming north but will be able to get a first hand report from one of my colleagues who already has her tickets to the capital. For details of other authors visit the festival website.
- Monica Lewycka is tourning in February and will be at the Womens Bookshop in Auckland on Tuesday 23rd Feb,
- Psychologist John Aiken is speaking in Auckland on Sunday 14th February on his new book Accidentally Single
- Patrick Ness will be here 11th and 12th March. He is the author of the very popular Chaos Walking Trilogy and many of us are waiting for the third book.
In other news, novelist Robert B Parker passed away this week aged 77. He has written almost 40 novels, many featuring tough Boston PI Spenser (his first name was never disclosed). And Alan Duff has admitted he may not be able to pay back the $3.6million owed to his credits before the Court appointment deadline in May. For more details on these stories check out the Stuff.co.nz website.